Office Manager & Registrar
Status: Permanent Full-Time with Pension & Benefits
Reports to: Executive Director, Camp Kwasind / Director of Next Generation Ministries
Full-Time Camp Kwasind Office Manager/Registrar - Camp Kwasind is a growing Christian camp located in beautiful Muskoka that a history of over 75 years of impacting the lives of children and youth across Ontario. This role is focused on the successful administrative management and development of the camp year round. The incumbent will provide support to all administrative, accounting, fundraising logistics and communication needs, as well as serving as part of the camp leadership team. Through all this, the Office Manager/Registrar will embrace the mission and vision of Camp Kwasind as it seeks to move people one step closer to Jesus.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Manager will be part of the leadership team in support of the Managing Director while managing the office (and office summer support staff), registration, financial and administrative duties related to camp’s operation. This includes database and financial management and recordkeeping, administrative management, parent and guest care, website support and overseeing office equipment and communication/information systems.
If the Office manager does not live locally to Kwasind (Muskoka area), they will reside on camp property during the summer camp months working 6 days a week (mid June to early Sept) and work, with a regular 5 day work week with flexibility for working from home or at the CBOQ office. Additional working expectations include being present at Kwasind Work Weekends and Camp Kwasind Management Team meetings, as well as work schedule flexibility to meet the needs of the camp (including availability for retreat groups).
- Planning and Organizing – Manages multiple tasks and projects with competing priorities. Anticipates obstacles and demonstrates judgment and flexibility to adjust as required.
- Results Orientation – Demonstrates a focus on finishing all tasks in a timely manner while taking complete ownership of tasks with attention to detail.
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements. Can collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
- Service Orientation - Strives for excellence, delivering the highest quality care and resources possible to those we serve.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity; adapts communication to respond to audience or situational requirements.
- Innovative & “Can Do” Attitude - Able to think creatively to develop new solutions that meet current and future needs. Looking to grow and learn within the camp context and as part of Camp Kwasind, with an outlook that is positive, assertive and flexible, striving to take on challenges with a sense that “I can do it”.
- Problem Solving – Possesses the ability to break a situation/task down into smaller pieces to identify key issues, figuring out cause and effect relationships in order to problem-solve. Initiative and ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions/options, particularly when confronted with ambiguity and a high degree of change.
- Exhibit a spirit of cooperation, flexibility and commitment to the camp leadership team relationship and the mission and vision of Camp Kwasind and Canadian Baptists of Ontario & Quebec
- With the treasurer, oversee and manage day to day banking: preparation and deposit of all cheques / cash received, breakdown of all bank deposits and process bills
- Manage and facilitate all elements of camp registrations including: preparation of new registration and medical forms, process all registrations and ensure integrity of the database (CampBrain) is maintained
- Manage and develop camp systems that provide an increasing positive experience for campers, staff, parents and guests
- Responsible for timely development, proofing and delivery of ongoing key communication to parents, alumni, rental groups and the public
- Responsible for assisting staff and Kwasind management team member with website updates, promotions, staff recruitment and social media management
- Collate and prepare online expense statements and personal reimbursement summaries for full-time Kwasind staff
- Assist in donor management, donor development, and fundraising initiatives and systems
- Provide updated financial reports to treasurer as requested
- Ensure the Administrator’s manual and databases are kept up to date to ensure that there is documentation and clarity of all aspects and expectations of the job
- Support Managing Director in the administrative needs for rental groups
- Arrange for summer preparation elements: tuck shop, seasonal requirements, clothing orders, staff clothing, staff communication and promotion/marketing of camp
- Creatively present new ways we can be more effective in customer service, administration, summer programming and systems related to all camp experiences both during the summer and throughout the year
In addition to the above, during the summer camp season:
- Answer and appropriately respond to incoming calls, voice mail and general email in a timely manner
- Pick up and distribute incoming mail
- Welcome guests, parents and campers with a professional, friendly and courteous manner
- Maintain office supplies: monitor inventory, anticipate requirements, place orders and process invoices
- Oversee office equipment and communication/information systems: inventory, maintenance, troubleshooting, staff training and managing vendor contracts
- Manage administrative needs for camper weeks, specialty and teen camps, celebration weekend and partnering groups (medical info, dietary restrictions, registration, tuck etc)
- Oversee and be responsible for day-to-day financial requirements including invoicing, petty cash and expense reports
- Oversee Tuck Shop manager and implementation of tuck financial and inventory management
- Manage administrative needs around summer staff requirements and supports including the entering all staff information into Camp Brain database, obtain and file relevant staff documents, oversee design and ordering of staff shirts, manage weekly preparation for incoming/outgoing camps
- Other duties or special projects as requested by the Executive Director
- A mature faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to serve through camp ministry
- Commitment to the mission, faith and core values of CBOQ and Camp Kwasind
- Able to act independently while also being a valuable team player
- Have strong communication, administrative and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience with CampBrain, Constant Contact and Donor Perfect is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Office 365, basic accounting and banking, database management
- Stamina, energy and enthusiasm to sustain a fast-paced ministry schedule and to juggle the multiple events, schedules and budgets of camp
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- A valid driver’s license
- Valid and current vulnerable records check
Compensation:Camp Kwasind offers competitive compensation, pension and benefits.
Qualified candidates may apply by November 15, 2021 to Yvette Kayode, HR Lead, through the link below. Please note that to be considered, all applications must be submitted via this link
Early submission is encouraged, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
All responses will be handled in confidence.